As you all know, you need to have valid keys from an iPhone 4S on your iDevice in order to use Siri. If you don’t have the validationData from an iPhone 4S, Siri won’t work. Until now, the easiest way was to setup a SiriProxy yourself, or use one from our SiriProxy Server List. But setting up your own SiriProxy was very difficult, and the free SiriProxies didn’t always work.
Now, there is a new way to get the validationData from an iPhone 4S to your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. A tweak called AssistantConnect and AssistantConnect4S allow you to share a 4S’s validationData over E-Mail, so you won’t have to set up a SiriProxy Server.
The process of setting things up is very easy:
- iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad with Spire installed
- A jailbroken iPhone 4S
- An E-Mail account
How to setup AssistantConnect (We use an iPhone 4 as an example, it should also work with your iPod Touch or iPad):
- First you need to install AssistantConnect4S on your iPhone 4S. After you’ve installed it, you need to open AssistantConnect4S and reboot your device.
- While rebooting your iPhone 4S, you can go ahead and install AssistantConnect on your iPhone 4
- Respring your iPhone 4
Now everything is set up. Sadly, the iPhone 4S validationData is only valid for 24 hours. This means that you will have to do the following steps every day:
- Open AssistantConnect4S on your iPhone 4S
- Start Siri by holding down the Home Button for 2 Seconds
- Say something and wait until you get an answer from Siri
- After that you can close Siri and tap “Email Siri Data” and send the mail to your Email account
- Now take your iPhone 4 and open the mail you just sent with your iPhone 4S
- Tap on the file attached to the mail and select “Open with AssistantConnect”
- This should open up AssistantConnect
- A popup will appear saying “AssistantConnect File Loaded Successfully”
That’s it! You are now able to use Siri on your iPhone 4! If you open AssistantConnect you will see when the validationData will expire.
We know that AssistantConnect won’t be useful for everybody because you still need access to an iPhone 4S. But it is a LOT easier than setting up your own SiriProxy server.
We really like the idea of AssistantConnect, we have been waiting for a tool like this since the iPhone 4S jailbreak. The only thing that would be great is the ability to automatically send the validationData every 24 hours. That way you could just take an iPhone 4S from a friend, set up AssistantConnect4S and the iPhone 4S keys would get sent to your devices automatically every day. This would be a lot easier because the person owning the iPhone 4S wouldn’t have to manually send the keys every day.Follow us on Twitter of Like our Facebook page to get the latest news from our site: @SiriHacks folgen