Siri doesn’t allow you to open Apps. However, there is a workaround that lets you do just that by using Siri and one additional click. Many App developers enable their apps to be opened from other apps or the web using “iPhone URL schemes”. For example, you can type fb:// into the Safari URL box, hit return and the Facebook app will launch.
Here are the commands for some of the most used apps: Continue reading
We previously covered how to use Siri to post to Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and your Blog. A user brought to our attention that you can use the same method to send notes to your Evernote account. Just follow these simple steps:
- Login to www.evernote.com. Create an account if you haven’t got one.
- Go to the Settings tab and you should see an E-Mail address that looks something like email@example.com
We have already covered how to use Twitter and Facebook with Siri, now we want to explain how you can enable Siri to use Google+ as well.
- Visit Google+ and go to your settings page.
- Scroll down to “Set delivery preferences”, add your cell phone number and click “don’t notify me”.
- Verify your number with the code google sends to you via text message.
- Create a new contact named “Google Plus” with the number 33669 (U.S. only).
- You can now update your status by telling Siri “Text Google Plus …”.