Some may find Siri as an amazing personal assistant which is capable of doing most of the basic tasks. And others may think, it’s crap which sucks battery. It can’t even recognize what I am saying.
The working of Siri is subjective to your native accent and the languages supported by it. For some reasons, if you have decided to say goodbye to Siri then this article is for you. Here we will guide you to turn off Siri on your Apple devices. The procedure is pretty much the same for all Apple devices. So in the next section, we have added a general set of steps to turn off Siri.
How to turn off Siri?
- Go to Settings > General > Siri
- And toggle the push button next to Siri to the off state. And confirm the act by selecting “Turn Off Siri”
Well, these are the simple steps you need to follow to turn off Siri. Now you had completely disabled all the features of Siri. If you want to turn it on again, follow the same steps and toggle the push button to ON state.
In some cases, people might not fully hate Siri. It’s only a single feature they don’t want. So you can also peculiarly disable some functions of Siri, which you don’t like. To do so, first, you need to know about the functions available in Siri.
How to turn off specific Siri function
Siri comes with three major functions like “Hey Siri feature”, “Lock Screen access”, and “App Suggestion”. As you may already know, Hey Siri is the voice command feature, which allows you to turn on Siri.
Lock Screen Siri Access feature enables Siri to be used when the device is locked. This was designed for emergency purposes. But it turned out to be the prime reason for uninstalling Siri.
Siri’s App Suggestion don’t let you utter the full command. And it is annoying as hell. When you say something, Siri would do something entirely different. To disable these features, most of the steps are the same as said before. Follow the below steps to disable any of these features.
Turn off Hey Siri Feature
- Go to settings > General > Siri (Turned ON)
- Toggle Hey Siri feature to off position.
- This will disable only Hey Siri voice command. You can still use Siri by pressing and holding the home button.
Turn off Lock Screen access for Siri
- Go to Settings > Touch ID and Passcode.
- Now turn off Siri from the list of options available.
- Now you restricted the lock screen access to Siri.
- This also disables the Voice
Turn off Siri’s Auto Suggestion
Siri is a Speech Interpretation and Recognition Interface. Auto Suggestion is not Siri’s fort. These auto-suggestions are suggested by the spotlight and delivered by Siri.
- Go to settings > general > spotlight search.
- Now turn off Siri Suggestion.
- To disable notification in the notification area, Swipe down to the end and swipe right to access the widget menu.
- Swipe to the bottom, and select “edit“
- Now tap the red icon, next to the Siri app.
- Now tap remove and confirm the action.
- Select Done to save changes.
Thus you had successfully turned off Siri’s auto suggestion. These are the three features of Siri which you can turn off if you wish. In any case, if you want to revert the changes, toggle the push button to ON state.
These are the steps to turn off Siri on all your Apple devices. Hope we helped to get rid of Siri. So let me ask you this, what triggers you to turn off Siri. Let us know in the comment section. If possible we will try to resolve it without disabling Siri.